Earl Scruggs Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Earl Scruggs Forum

Forum for Earl Scruggs Fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foggy Mountian Special tabs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Joshua C.

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Foggy Mountian Special tabs Empty
PostSubject: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyThu Apr 19, 2007 11:58 pm

Anyone know where some good tabledit tabs for Foggy Mountian Special are? Is there any?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: FMS Tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 6:16 pm

If I'm not mistaken, there is a category for tabs LOL. But anyway go to http://www.banjohollow.ic24.net/tabs.htm and scroll down. It's there. You do need to download TFEveiw, but it's essentially the same as tabledit so you should be able to open it in tabledid. If you can't, Tabledit is the manufacturer also of TFEview so go to tabledit.com and download TFEview. Hope that makes sense!
Back to top Go down
https://earlscruggs.forumotion.com
Joshua C.

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptySat May 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Indeed, thanks very much!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: No Problem!   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptySat May 12, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey it's no problem that's what it's for. Hey maybe as thanks you could tell all your banjo pickin buddies about this board Very Happy ... I'm trying to get more users.
Back to top Go down
Joshua C.

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyThu May 24, 2007 2:55 am

Sure thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyThu May 24, 2007 8:09 am

Now THERE'S a fan!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ikon

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 3:55 pm

very nice selectio. just need to get winzip
stan
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 4:00 pm

WinRAR works too.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 8:39 pm

The TEFviewer is used for viewing and playing back TableEdit files, '.tef' is the format they are written in. The TEFviewer is a free download from www.tabledit.com
After you've used the free version to see whether you like it, you may want to purchase the full program. I did and it's great! You can type in any written tabs you may have in just a few minutes with the full version. Once you master just a few commands.
I guess I should put in a disclaimer here: This, by the way, is an 'endorsement' of a terrific tool for learning and practicing the banjo. I sincerely hope that it isn't considered to be an advertisement of this product. I have NO INVOLVEMENT with this company, nor do I receive ANY profits from the sale of their product. Nor do I personally know any of the principles involved in the sale of this product. Rather, I am a customer, and paid full price for my copy of the program that I use.
It costs $54.95 (US dollars) but it's a lifetime deal. You will have free access to updates and new version upgrades for life. Keith, who runs the site, is very prompt with answers to questions and any problems you may have.
The program will give you a good idea as to what written tabs should sound like when played correctly.
I like the TablEdit program because it also has a built in metronome that help me stay in time regardless of how far I slow the song down to play along when learning it. Slow it down, and then gradually pick up the tempo as you get more proficient with whatever you're working on.
Many TablEdit files, which you can download from a lot of different sites, also have from one to a dozen other instruments playing along. It's helped me a lot as I am unable to find any local jams in my area so that I can pick with other players.
Previously I would practice, practice and then practice again a song until I though I had it right. Then when I'd get the chance to pick with others, the sound of the other instruments would throw me off and I couldn't pick a thing. Hope this helps someone out there with their practice.
One last thing about the full version: You can type in some of your own licks, into an existing piece, where you think it might work. Play them back and see how that sounds. You can play .tef files with the free TEFviewer, but you can do so much more with the Full TablEdit version. To me...it was worth the investment!
(Admin Carter: If I've violated your 'no advertisement' clause with my endorsement, feel free to delete this post. But please let me know if you do so, as I don't want to break the rules, and I do want to be a helpful member on here.)
Back to top Go down
Joshua C.

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 5:34 am

Grizz, I'm the moderator and I just want to say thank you for showing so much respect for the rules!

I won't delete your post myself and I hope carter doesn't either. Tefveiw and Tabledit are needed to gain access to certain tabs and thus benifiting members as quite a few that ask for tabs are probably gonna have to have them of some program.

If it works for the good of the users and the person doing the endorsing doesn't do it frequently and has no involvment in the company, I'll let it slide.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Thank you Joshua. It's just been an awesome practice tool for me. I know that most probably do have the TEFviewer, and a lot of sites liink to the free download. The TablEdit does cost a little but offers so much in return. As I was writing my post I realized that it was beginning to sound like an advertisement. But I was hoping that it would be considered more of a help to others who may want more information before making their minds up. I understand not allowing people to advertise their own products. But like I said, I am not affiliated in any way with this product except that I am a very satisfied customer. Thanks again for understanding my position.
~ Grizzly
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 10:30 pm

Grizzly wrote:
The TEFviewer is used for viewing and playing back TableEdit files, '.tef' is the format they are written in. The TEFviewer is a free download from www.tabledit.com
After you've used the free version to see whether you like it, you may want to purchase the full program. I did and it's great! You can type in any written tabs you may have in just a few minutes with the full version. Once you master just a few commands.
I guess I should put in a disclaimer here: This, by the way, is an 'endorsement' of a terrific tool for learning and practicing the banjo. I sincerely hope that it isn't considered to be an advertisement of this product. I have NO INVOLVEMENT with this company, nor do I receive ANY profits from the sale of their product. Nor do I personally know any of the principles involved in the sale of this product. Rather, I am a customer, and paid full price for my copy of the program that I use.
It costs $54.95 (US dollars) but it's a lifetime deal. You will have free access to updates and new version upgrades for life. Keith, who runs the site, is very prompt with answers to questions and any problems you may have.
The program will give you a good idea as to what written tabs should sound like when played correctly.
I like the TablEdit program because it also has a built in metronome that help me stay in time regardless of how far I slow the song down to play along when learning it. Slow it down, and then gradually pick up the tempo as you get more proficient with whatever you're working on.
Many TablEdit files, which you can download from a lot of different sites, also have from one to a dozen other instruments playing along. It's helped me a lot as I am unable to find any local jams in my area so that I can pick with other players.
Previously I would practice, practice and then practice again a song until I though I had it right. Then when I'd get the chance to pick with others, the sound of the other instruments would throw me off and I couldn't pick a thing. Hope this helps someone out there with their practice.
One last thing about the full version: You can type in some of your own licks, into an existing piece, where you think it might work. Play them back and see how that sounds. You can play .tef files with the free TEFviewer, but you can do so much more with the Full TablEdit version. To me...it was worth the investment!
(Admin Carter: If I've violated your 'no advertisement' clause with my endorsement, feel free to delete this post. But please let me know if you do so, as I don't want to break the rules, and I do want to be a helpful member on here.)
Don't worry Grizzly. I have absolutely NO problem with someone promoting a product that they're not involved with. I promote products all the time because I think they're good. Just no "buy my product because it's better" kinda stuff.

But like Josh said, just keep it sparse and not 24/7 endorsement. THEN I start cracking heads Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs EmptySat Oct 20, 2007 10:31 pm

Grizzly wrote:
Don't worry Grizzly. I have absolutely NO problem with someone promoting a product that they're not involved with. I promote products all the time because I think they're good. Just no "buy my product because it's better" kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foggy Mountian Special tabs   Foggy Mountian Special tabs Empty

Back to top Go down

Foggy Mountian Special tabs
Page 1 of 1